Friday 9 May 2014

Friday - unlimited patience


Thank You God that You cause my foot not to stumble.  Lord have mercy.  Christ have mercy.  God the Father in Heaven,  mercy for me.  God the Son, Redeemer of the world,  mercy for me.  God the Holy Spirit,  mercy for me.  Give me a heart like Yours.  Amen.

            Read 1 Timothy 1: 16-18

Verse 16  is the conclusion of the saying that  Paul wants Timothy to remember.  “But! For that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners,  Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.”  Amen.
Unlimited patience.     Oh that we could all have unlimited patience.    As we stand in line with our groceries,  our patience is often very very limited.     Or when we stand at the bus stop waiting for the bus,  our patience is often very limited.    And when our patience is limited,  we become cranky.  So how do we stop being cranky?  How do we find patience?     Only through prayer.   Think of standing in line at the grocery store as a blessing and start praying.     As we stand and wait for the bus,  take this time as a blessing and start praying.     Life will become simple and full.   

O Christ,  of Your fullness we have all received.  You are my eternal hope.  You are patient and full of kindness.  You are generous to me when I call upon You.  Mercy and Bless me O LORD.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment