Wednesday 12 December 2012

Wednesday - Preparing the Way through Forgiveness

Prayer:  Almighty God,  we come into Your presence today with hearts filled with the need to ask for forgiveness.    Be with us through this time of recognizing our sins, our anger,  our frustrations,  and asking for forgiveness.  Christ be with us,  Christ be in us,  Christ be with us always.  Amen.

Forgiveness Meditation:
This Forgiveness Meditation is a “fill in the blank” forgiveness meditation. It is a stylized tree with roots, seed, trunk, and branches (circles).    
How to draw:   
 In the circle at the very bottom,  write your name.    
On the roots coming out of the circle (at the bottom),  write in all the things that have provided you with love over your lifetime.  This can be family members,  going to grade school with a new pencil, Confirmation.   Anything that you remember being a time or event of love.
On the bottom circle at the left of the tree write the word Family.   Then write in any family member who has caused you anger  or hurt.  
On the top left  circle at the left of the tree  write the word Work/Volunteer.  Then write in any event or person who has caused you anger or hurt.
On the top right circle at the right of the tree write the word Other.  Then write in any event or person that has caused you anger or hurt.
On the bottom right circle at the right of the tree trunk, write the word Friend.  Then write in any event or friend that has caused you anger or hurt.

After writing down all that you need,  go to each circle and pray this following prayer for each circle:  Dear…..,  I do forgive you for…… and I set you free.  I do forgive myself for feeling hurt, angry, violated, and upset.   I do set myself free.    Let us be in peace. Let us be in love.     

Then in the “roots” section,  pray the following prayer:    Great God,  thank you for providing me with  dear ………..   who has given to me  peace, joy, and love.   Thank You Lord that you forgive us our sins and heal us.   Help me Divine Healer,  to recognize and celebrate all the wonderful things I have achieved,  all the magnificent people with whom I have connected and all the rich experiences I have lived.  In Your love and peace,  I am truly blessed.  Thank you.  Amen.












No comments:

Post a Comment