Saturday 7 July 2012

Saturday time of retreat



Saturday Retreat....
In order for each of us to be able to say “thank you God”, we need to forgive ourselves and others.   The Forgiveness Prayer exercise today is an easy one but a thorough exercise.  Do not rush this exercise.    Make a cup of tea or get a glass of water and sit in a comfortable chair somewhere (oooh... like outside on the back deck!)
Fold a piece of paper in half lengthwise.   On the left hand side  write the name of the person and  what they have done to you.  Add anyone you can think of on this list…. From the driver who didn’t stop to let you cross the road to the sister that forgot your birthday.
The more we forgive the more healing can be done. 

Name of Person                                                    Forgiveness









































When you are done writing the names on the left hand side of your paper, start writing on the right hand side this phrase

 Dear _________, I do forgive you for _____________ and I set you free.  I do forgive myself for feeling hurt/ angry/  violated and I do set myself free.

Wait until you feel different in anyway when you think about that person.  Then go to the next name on your list.  Sometimes the list is a few names and sometimes the list is pages long.   But remember,  the more we forgive the more of God’s love we share. 

End your  Forgiveness Prayer exercise with this  prayer: 
God of all Graciousness,  I thank you that I can come to you with heavy burdens and You take all my burdens  from me.  Thank you Great God that you have taken my sorrows and anger and replace them with Your forgiveness and love.   May I too be the love of God to all those that I meet this day.  Assist me as you assisted the early Apostles and Church leaders to find blessings and opportunities even in the most challenging experiences.  In Jesus’ Name I pray.   Amen.

Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment