Prayer: Great God, open the scriptures up for us this day that we may learn anew of Your love and glory. Amen.
Read St. Luke 22: 39 – 46
Jesus prays on the Mount of Olives.
Read through the Gospel lesson again and slowly go through the Gospel lesson asking yourself these questions:
- I see or contemplate each person in those events, especially Jesus himself.
- I listen to the words, spoken or implied. I ask myself what they might mean. Do they apply to me?
- I ponder the actions, gestures, and emotions of Jesus. Tell Jesus what I think about this portion of scripture concerning faith and what Jesus means to me.
- What touched my heart about this scripture?
- What did I find difficult?
- Was there something I would like to return to in the story?
- Was there a phrase or verse that I would like to remember?
Prayer: Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour, You call me to follow You and to become like You. You call me to live in communion with God and with each other. I do not always know where you are leading me but I know that You lead me beside green pastures. Jesus Christ, Son of God, I love You with my whole heart and soul and mind. Amen.