Thursday 25 July 2013

Thursday - reflection on the Mount of Olives


Prayer:  Great God,  open the scriptures up for us this day that we may learn anew of Your love and glory.  Amen.

 

Read St. Luke 22: 39 – 46

 

Jesus prays on the Mount of Olives.

 

Read through the Gospel lesson again and slowly go through the Gospel lesson asking yourself these questions:

  •  I see or contemplate each person in those events,  especially Jesus himself.
  • I listen to the words, spoken or implied.  I ask myself what they might mean.  Do they apply to me?
  • I ponder the actions, gestures, and emotions of Jesus.  Tell Jesus what I think about this portion of scripture concerning  faith and what Jesus means to me.
  • What touched my heart about this scripture?
  • What did I find difficult?
  • Was there something I would like to return to in the story?
  • Was there a phrase or verse that I would like to remember?

 

Prayer:  Jesus Christ,  my Lord and Saviour,  You call me to follow You and to become like You.  You call me to live in communion with God and with each other.  I do not always know where you are leading me but I know that You lead me beside green pastures.  Jesus Christ,  Son of God,  I love You with my whole heart and soul and mind.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment