Thursday 31 May 2012

Amazing Thursday

Happy Thursday!   It was a gorgeous day in Brandon yesterday... not only for the weather but also time to spend with my sister and Mom.   It is good for family to get together and be in one another's presence.  

Old Son's   Lee-Enfield No 4 Mk1 Longbranch arrived in the mail today.  Wow,  what a fine piece of history!    As we get close to commemorating the landing at Juno Beach on D-Day June 6 1944,  we remember that it was this rifle that the Canadians used.   

When we talk about war and battles and commemorating times of battle,  we think about freedom and sacrifice.  But we also need to remember to forgive.   Sacrifice and forgiveness are equally as difficult but something that all must do in order to become whole in God's sight.

Thursday Retreat....
Prayer:  Heavenly Father,  may I listen,  read, and  learn Your words this day.  In Jesus’ name I pray.  Amen.

Read  St. Matthew 18:  15 – 20

If a person sins against you  what are you to do?

When a person hurts you through word or deed,  what are we to do as Christians?   In these verses, Jesus gives us the example to follow.  Write down the steps that are needed when someone hurts you.
1. 

2. 

3.

4.

And in everything,  Jesus asks us to offer again God’s forgiving love.   Always forgive!

Dear LORD,   I ask for Your forgiveness this day.   Please forgive me for being a stumbling block to others.  Please forgive me when I don’t understand that I’ve hurt another.   Please forgive me when my pride gets in the way and I always want to be right.  This I ask in Jesus’ name.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment