Monday 6 February 2012

Amusing Monday

Monday.  We call it the first day of the week but in reality for Presbyterians,  it is the second
day of the week.  The day after the Sabbath.     On Monday's   I'm usually loaded down like a
pack mule starting the weekly community chores.   As I don't drive,  I rely on Brandon Busses and my feet.    With our beautiful weather has come some amazing ice on sidewalks and streets.   It makes one really slow down and walk with care.    But you know,  slowing down is okay.   Walking with care means more time to walk and pray. In amongst the prayers are frequent giggles  as the bag gets too heavy to carry and the feet get too heavy and standing in line whilst not moving then having to move those cement legs to get up to the teller in one piece.    But in everything,  remembering to rejoice in God is priority #1 of Mondays.   



Brandon Armoury.   Museum is located in the area of the  three windows on the bottom right hand
side of this photo.  

Devotional:
To You,  O God,  I pray.  I wait for what You will say.  My life is on the line before You, O LORD.  I wait and watch until morning.    This I ask in Jesus’ name.  Amen.

Read:  St. Matthew 5: 27 – 30
In the Old Testament,  the Law states that we should not commit adultery. In these verses, Jesus says that sin is first committed inwardly in our hearts and minds.  And what are we to do if we inwardly committee sin?  We are to tear out that sin and throw it away.   Wow!  That seems brutal doesn’t it.  The “eye”  causes us to stumble and blocks our view of God.   The important part is acknowledging that we sin, outwardly and inwardly,  and separate ourselves from the love of God. 
Today pray a prayer of forgiveness for those who, in your sight,  have caused you harm or pain.  Today pray a prayer of forgiveness for those you have caused harm or pain.

No matter what I do LORD,  You are my strength.   My strength comes from God, who made the heavens and the earth.  And in this we rejoice and give You praise!  Amen.

Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment